Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 - Day 1

Okay, okay, okay. Obviously December was a write-off. In so many ways. But I've been looking forward to today for a week and a half, totally ready to get back on track.

And it started so well! I weighed myself (oof!) and tracked my food (yay!). I was making smart food choices, feeling good. In all honesty, I had been gorging myself on every sweet thing in the house for a week, so I was pretty over it all.

But then, as I was prepping dinner, after having to tell my eldest child not to scream in her sister's face for the 1,254 time today, a vision appeared at the back of the fridge. A big chunk of Nanaimo bar that I'd forgotten about.

There's no story here. I caved.

BUT overall, I ate about three tons LESS food today than I have been, so that's a step in the right direction.

And I'm feeling very positive about this new year, wanting to not only track my progress weekly, but also monthly. I want to set some actual weight loss goals to hit each month. Like, 4 pounds a month. That is totally achievable. And since I don't need or want to lose 48 pounds in total, I can just start with the first half of the year and then work on maintaining in the second half.

A couple other goals:
- Commit to one evening workout class each week. I think this will be Thursday evening Body Pump. I did a Body Pump class the other day for the first time in ages and I loved it. It's true that I could barely move for two days afterward and there was no comfortable resting position for my biceps, but that will go away quickly enough.
- Less social media time. Period.
- More time talking to or watching something with my lovely husband.
- More interactive, positive, playful parenting. Less repeatedly (and uselessly) telling them not to do something from across the room.
- Create something.

Here we go.

1 comment:

Crissy said...

Exciting! Here's to a happy new year of habitsing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails